Whiteboard Wall Quotes for January
January: The Month for Fresh Starts
January, a chilly month in which to stay warm until Valentine’s Day, features the latest sunrise of the year as well as holidays like New Year’s Day and Martin Luther King Jr. Day. Traditionally, it’s viewed as a time for fresh starts, for making resolutions to improve our quality of life and personal behavior, and for taking stock of ourselves, which is a good practice at any time of year. Some people love January because they value the quiet interlude it offers after the holidays. Others dislike the effort needed to start over, whether it means returning to work or school or simply beginning a new calendar year. However, the month has many other features that have been pondered and commented on through the decades, such as its leading place in the calendar and its reputation as a time for making resolutions.
The following is a collection of quotes related to the month of January that are perfect for writing on your whiteboard painted wall to help inspire you in the work-from-home office or to encourage your children in the homeschool setting. According to psychologist and motivation expert Dr. Jonathan Fader, posting such quotes can be highly effective on people who are open to positive, coherent messages that use powerful images and appeal to their hopeful nature. So, to help uplift your thinking and examine aspects of your life that you want to change or overcome, you can make use of your whiteboard wall as a posting area. Try regularly writing down three to seven of these quotes that best resonate with your work-from-home or homeschool goals. With any luck, you’ll find some food for thought among these observations, as well as some humor and personal inspiration for the coming year.
Regarding January First
1. “We spend January 1st walking through our lives, room by room, drawing up a list of work to be done, cracks to be patched. Maybe this year, to balance the list, we ought to walk through the rooms of our lives, not looking for flaws, but for potential.” ―Ellen Goodman (U.S. journalist)
2. “I love beginnings. If I were in charge of calendars, every day would be January 1.”―Jerry Spinelli (U.S. writer of children’s novels)
3. “I’ll never understand why everybody puts so much emphasis on January first. There are three hundred and sixty-four other days in the year that you can make a change.” ―Elizabeth Eulberg (U.S. author)
4. New Year’s Day is every man’s birthday. — Charles Lamb (English essayist and poet)
About Fresh Starts
5. “New Year’s Day. A fresh start. A new chapter waiting to be written.” ― Sarah Ban Breathnach (best-selling U.S. author, philanthropist, and public speaker)
The first month of the year,
A perfect time to start all over again,
Changing energies and deserting old moods,
New beginnings, new attitudes” ― Charmaine J. Forde (U.S. author and poet)
7. “And now we welcome the New Year, full of things that have never been.” – Rainer Maria Rilke (Bohemian-Austrian poet and novelist)
8. “Ring out the old, ring in the new,
Ring, happy bells, across the snow:
The year is going, let him go;
Ring out the false, ring in the true.”– Alfred, Lord Tennyson (renowned English poet)
Smiles from the threshold of the year to come,
Whispering, ‘it will be happier.'” ― Alfred, Lord Tennyson
10. “New beginnings are in order, and you are bound to feel some level of excitement as new chances come your way.” – Oscar Auliq-Ice (U.S. author, humanist, and philanthropist)
11. “Take a leap of faith and begin this wondrous New Year by believing.” – Sarah Ban Breathnach (U.S. author, philanthropist, and public speaker)
12. “Each year’s regrets are envelopes in which messages of hope are found for the New Year.” – John R. Dallas (U.S. author, management consultant, and coach)
13. “Enter this New Year with gratitude for this new chance to create your dreams.”– Avina Celeste (U.S. writer)
14. “Tomorrow is the first blank page of a 365-page book. Write a good one.”
― Brad Paisley (U.S. country music singer and songwriter)
15. “I hope that in this year to come, you make mistakes. Because if you are making mistakes, then you are making new things, trying new things, learning, living, pushing yourself, changing yourself, changing your world. You’re doing things you’ve never done before, and more importantly, you’re Doing Something. Whatever it is you’re scared of doing, Do it. Make your mistakes, next year and forever.” ― Neil Gaiman (English author)
16. “We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called Opportunity, and its first chapter is New Year’s Day.” ―Edith Lovejoy Pierce (Anglo-American poet and pacifist)
17. “For last year’s words belong to last year’s language
And next year’s words await another voice.
And to make an end is to make a beginning.”― T.S. Eliot (renowned Anglo-American poet)
18. “New Year—a new chapter, new verse, or just the same old story? Ultimately we write it. The choice is ours.” — Alex Morritt (British author, poet, and lyricist)
19. “The New Year stands before us, like a chapter in a book waiting to be written. We can help write that story by setting goals.” – Melody Beattie (U.S. author of self-help books)
20. “What the New Year brings to you will depend a great deal on what you bring to the New Year.” – Vern McLellan (U.S. author)
21. “Cheers to a new year and another chance for us to get it right.”– Oprah Winfrey (U.S. talk show host, T.V. producer, actor, author, and philanthropist)
22. “Each New Year, we have before us a brand new book containing 365 blank pages. Let us fill them with all the forgotten things from last year—the words we forgot to say, the love we forgot to show, and the charity we forgot to offer.” ― Peggy Toney Horton (U.S. author)
23. “What do you need in the New Year? You need a dream; your dream needs action; and your action needs right thinking. Without right thinking, you can have only unrealized dreams.” ― Mehmet Murat ildan (Turkish playwright, novelist and thinker)
24. “Things to do in January:
• Read a good book
• Get a library card
• Walk 30 minutes a day
• Send a birthday card to a friend
• Invest in a fitness tracker
• Buy a coin jar and save those quarters and nickels
• Donate to a charity
• Volunteer 45 minutes of your time to an organization
• Take a yoga class
• Volunteer at bingo night at a nursing home.” ― Charmaine J. Forde (U.S. author and poet)
Concerning New Year’s Resolutions
25. “Make New Year’s goals. Dig within, and discover what you would like to have happen in your life this year. This helps you do your part. It is an affirmation that you’re interested in fully living life in the year to come.” – Melody Beattie (U.S. author of self-help books)
26. “Kindness, kindness, kindness. I want to make a New Year’s prayer, not a resolution. I’m praying for courage.” – Susan Sontag (U.S. writer, filmmaker, philosopher, and teacher)
27. “Character is the ability to carry out a good resolution long after the excitement of the moment has passed.” — Cavett Robert (U.S. motivational speaker)
28. “New Year’s Resolution: To tolerate fools more gladly, providing this does not encourage them to take up more of my time.” – James Agate (English diarist and theatre critic)
29. “May all your troubles last as long as your New Year’s resolutions!” – Joey Adams (U.S. comedian, radio host, and author)
30. “January is always a good month for behavioral economics: Few things illustrate self-control as vividly as New Year’s resolutions. February is even better, though, because it lets us study why so many of those resolutions are broken.” ― Sendhil Mullainathan (Indian professor of computation and behavioral science)
31. “No one’s ever achieved financial fitness with a January resolution that’s abandoned by February.”―Suze Orman (U.S. financial advisor, author, and podcast host)
32. “Many years ago, I made a New Year’s resolution to never make New Year’s resolutions. It’s been the only resolution I’ve ever kept!”– D.S. Mixell (U.S. legal assistant and author)
Opinions about January
33. “January is the month for dreaming.” — Jean Hersey (U.S. writer)
34. “January, month of empty pockets! Let us endure this month, anxious as a theatrical producer’s forehead.” — Sidonie Gabrielle Colette (French author and woman of letters)
35. “January: When everyone on Facebook becomes a weather forecaster.” — Anonymous
36. “January is the calendar’s ingrown hair.” ― Stewart Stafford (Irish actor)
37. “If I had my way, I would remove January from the calendar altogether and have an extra July instead.”―Roald Dahl (British novelist, short-story writer, and poet)
38. “To read a poem in January is as lovely as to go for a walk in June.”―Jean Paul (German Romantic writer)
Why using whiteboard walls are better than interactive whiteboards in the classroom. To avoid confusion, this article is specifically referencing full-sized electronic whiteboards (basically a huge tablet that attaches to a classroom or office wall). We are not in any way referring to the amazing interactive whiteboard pens that work...
Whiteboard Walls Help with Organization, List Making, and Recall Writing out your new year’s goals, to-do lists, lesson plans, schedules, and creative insights in large font on a whiteboard coated wall will help to ingrain the contents in your mind and make you more likely to accomplish your aims if you study the wall daily in your home office....
Traditional Whiteboards Vs. ReMARKable Whiteboard Painted Walls: Using ReMARKable whiteboard painted walls as opposed to traditional small whiteboards provides a wide array of advantages for your office, business, or school, but for the purposes of this article, we'll focus primarily on the numerous environmental benefits. Eliminate Waste with...
Things to Know About Whiteboard Paint Tintable Base Coat Introduction:ReMARKable Tintable Base Paint is an outstanding product that is a combination of base paint and primer in one. This unique paint provides you with a time-saving, cost-efficient way to prepare any smooth, clean surface for transformation into a durable, easily erased whiteboard...
What’s inside a 50- or 100-Square-Foot Whiteboard Paint Kit? Power-Packed Informational Instruction Sheet You can be assured that premium ReMARKable whiteboard coating is the highest quality product among all the coatings of its kind on the market today. And the easy-to-understand manufacturer’s instructions that come with each coating kit give...
How to Make Your Meetings More Productive with a Whiteboard Wall Enjoy a Collaborative Space with a Whiteboard wall A room featuring whiteboard walls makes for highly productive meetings, as the environment is a naturally collaborative space where people feel encouraged to get up from their seats and scribble their thoughts on the wall in front...